My side income is here, please click....Thanks.

Friday 10 May 2013

Timing the market

Haha....Again I think many had made a wrong prediction toward the KLSE last week. While many had thought that election will slump down the stock market like 308 last time since BN had the worse record ever, it turn out to be totally the other way round. Not only the index shoot up high, most of the stock especially government link counter achieved superb gains as well.

I myself had made the wrong call to sell off harta and prestariang at much lower price before the election compare to today's closing price. This wrong decision had cost me to lose 2k that should have gone into my pocket if I just let them be in my portfolio. Today, I bought back Prestariang at much high price.

Although this is the not the first mistake I made, I keep on repeating the same mistake where I always fail to control my emotion. Before this, I was very firmed about impact of election that normally just temporary. However, my confidence start to reduce after keep on reading about the high probability of changing government.  I finally realise that its hard for us to time the market and fear normally play a huge role in our judgement. Therefore, I made a conclusion here that we should always buy when we fear the most while sell when we are happiest with our portfolio. This is much easier compare to making prediction on stock fluctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment