My side income is here, please click....Thanks.

Thursday 2 May 2013

Set up business or continue working?

As my mba study going to finish soon, I have always consider whether to change career or not. Although working life currently is very steady, life seem to be lack of something. To be honest to all, I am currently a maths teacher. I likes mathematics and teaching maths is not a trouble at all.

However, I hate the fact that salary is relatively low that whenever I heard some friends back from overseas, I always hesitate to share how much I earn. We used to be at the same level when we studied in the secondary and a choice I made in university lead me to a whole different world.

Teaching can be fun and interesting till you meet some stubborn students and a lot of paper work where it started to become a torturing career rather than enjoyment. Sharing of knowledge and experience become shouting and screaming at naughty students that just defeat the purpose of teaching.

Then I decide to explore whether there is any chance for me to operate my own business. The first I look into is franchising of some simple food and beverage with setting up fee less than 50K. Among those are Hot Roll, Daily Fresh and Soya Shop. However, I didn't see much competitive advantage of these franchise opportunity. Branded franchise with more recognition seem to be much more expensive to be invested in and this is much more risky as I have to take loans. This make me think twice and its still too early to decide anything. Will write some more over here next time, till then remember to go vote on this 5 May 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment