My side income is here, please click....Thanks.

Sunday 5 May 2013

Casting the vote....

Well, this is my second time casting the vote. Still remember during the childhood time where election result was nothing to be excited about since normally its all ended up with the blue colour. Since I have casted my vote, I am really excited with what it will be tonight.

Its really simple to think and choose which one I really want. As a Malaysia Chinese, we have been long neglected. The Chinese party in previous ruling government simply cannot understand and plan for what we want. We simply want social justice. Although I am the third generation after my grandpa moved to Malaysia in the 1910s, I still wonder why we cannot be given the equal chance to perform ourselves.

To say for an example, I got 9As for my SPM in 2002 and I applied for matriculation. Why didn't I got it although its 10% quota for Chinese? In that year, only 3000 students from around half millions of students got straight As. Isn't it suppose to be the best who should be chose for the program? Why?

I continued my study to STPM and I got 2A2B or CGPA of 3.67, I knew I would be lack of choice since I already failed to get 4 flat. So I chose teaching and I got it. After graduated with fully English educated in teaching Maths and Biology. The PPSMI program which supposed to be a very well planned program to build a future generation with adequate knowledge of Maths and Science in English was abolished and replaced with MBMMBI. Why the government want to promote use in English but terminate such a good program? And come PBS in a rush that even from top to down don't know the proper way to carry out. So far, everyone just do what ever think was proper and this simply cannot help the education system to become better.

Have anyone wonder why some 20 years ago where straight As was so rare that usually if a school with any straight As, it would be considered as a miracles? All of sudden which I not sure started when, every year we witness thousand of straight As flooding the local universities. At one point, there were even straight 20+ As, news about Malaysian genius went across countries. But do you still remember who this people? Is this genius still famous today? The answer is simply not at all. Public examination standard had decline year from year as questions can be spotted and traced easily from past year as it simply just almost the same. How can students be tested on their thinking if question remained the same? And how can students with all Es in PMR still continue study  to Form 4? With Education standard being so lose, its not something weird when we have a lot of unemployed graduates or graduates with low quality. How Malaysia going to compete with other nations that put so much effort on improving rather than keep on changing backward. I wonder why so I cast my vote hoping that there will be a better answer in next five years. I hope it will!

No comments:

Post a Comment